cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CAD in 3D

gkemner
1-Newbie

CAD in 3D

I am researching information on tools, hardware, software, etc to allow you to view you CAD models in 3D at your desktop. If anyone has any information on such, especially if it is something you are using please let me know. I will post a summary.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

I'm getting the impression my original message was not very clear. I am looking for tools and technology that allow you to see your models in 3-D, as in like a 3D movie, 3D tv, 3D video game, etc . Either in CAD or a viewer that will allow you to see depth either into or out of your computer screen.

I know 10 years ago there was a product called crystal eyes but with the explosion in 3D movies, tvs and video games I have to think there are new and better ways to achieve the same effect with CAD.

Greg,

Are you referring to a non-CAD person viewing the data? If yes, then....

Isend 3D-PDF'sfor my clients that want to "view" my work. It's a very decent tool for conveying the data in a neat and tidy format.

Greg,

Look here .... shoot down to page 20... "Reel 3D from the 50's" this may be more of what
your looking for ... You can substitute the red and blue glasses with
polarized lenses or other techniques ....

I believe that most Nvidia Quadro cards can show 3D b default.

Check out their site:

Check this out. I've used this and although it can get pretty expensive, it's worth every penny.

http://www.icido.de/en/index.html

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags