cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can't Edit Excel Object

ptc-764487
1-Newbie

Can't Edit Excel Object

I (actually, a co-worker) can't seem to edit an excel object in ProE. Typically there are two options...Open and Edit. Opening actually opens the embedded object in excel. Edit opens a portion of the object inside of ProE. I need to be able to edit the excel object (table) but all it does is appear to open then closes out. Does anyone know why this may be happening? It works fine on my system and others systems. Thanks, Joe
2 REPLIES 2

Joe, I am inclined to think that this is related to the OLE (Object linking and embedding) settings on the system. You can the check the OLE settings by trying to embed the excel file by #Insert >>Object and put the excel file in a Microsoft Word document.Most probably you will just see an icon for the file and not the data in it. This shows that the OLE settings haven't been configured. Having OLE installed should resolve it. Rameet

Thank you Rameet. I will look into this. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags