cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Change the default number of decimal places for view scale?

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Change the default number of decimal places for view scale?

I want to change this:

SCALE  &det_scale

to this:

SCALE  &det_scale[.1]

by default.

I thought this was a detail configuration option but I can't find it.

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Chris3)

Can you show an example of what you have and what you want? Also why you need this.

I would think limiting the scale to a single decimal place would be misleading. 1/8 scale view in decimal would display as .125, but you want it to display as .1 (1/10).

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:BenLoosli)

Right now when I add a view that has a scale of 10 I get 10.000. I would like it to display 10.0. Yes I understand that if this functionality exists (sounds like it doesn't?) it would also round numbers that are not integers. That would be fine with me so long as I could change them to more than 1 decimal place.

More often than not I only need one decimal place so it would save time if I only had to change a few rather than almost all.

If this is not current functionality I will create an idea for it.

Surely what you really want to do is switch off the display of trailing zeroes?

I would be ok with that as a solution if it only applied to view scale. I need trailing zeros for parameters, notes, dims etc.

pperrin
1-Newbie

Hello Christopher,

1 drawing option drives how scale is displayed:

view_scale_format when set to "decimal", the scale will be displayed like a decimal: ie 0.512

(French menus in Drawing mode: Fichier / Préparer / Propriétés du dessin then Option de détail / Changer

should be something like : File / Prepare / Drawing propreties (or closed to that) then Detail options / Change)

If you add the format suffix [.1] (for one displayed decimal as you said before), it becomes 0.5 (even if the real scale stays 0.512)

text formatdisplayed text

rrich-2
1-Newbie

this is easily done right here  from you Layout menu tab in drawing mode.  Click the format down menu and then click decimal places

dec1.jpg

Then you type the decimal places you want.

dec2.jpg

Then you click on the 2.000 number, and you get this.

dec3.jpg

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:rrich-2)

Yes, it is easy enough to type in [.1] as I stated in my original post as well. Again I am looking for a default setting that applies this without having to take those steps. I am getting the feeling that there isn't functionality for this though so I will likely be creating a new idea for it.

mender
6-Contributor

Confirming it does not exist currently.  An option for default num digits would be straightforward to implement if approved.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags