cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Copy shapes with equal "constrained" dimensions in sketcher

SamLamb
1-Newbie

Copy shapes with equal "constrained" dimensions in sketcher

Is there a way to copy shapes in sketcher with all of its dimensions already constrained to be equal to its "parent"? I'm using oldschool WF4.0.

4 REPLIES 4

I'm just learning the nuances of ProE, using WF5 so there will probably be a better answer than this. I was wondering the same thing yesterday.

My example is a square. I constrained the lengths of the sides to be equal. Drew a line from one corner to the opposite corner. Made it a construction line. Placed a point at the midpoint of the construction line. Then dimension from that point horizontally to the outside.

Basically I think I had to make all it's constraints relative to itself.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:SamLamb)

hi,

if you mean to copy a sketch and then place it at some other location within the smae sketch..yes it can be done with its constraints intact.

select the sketch, press right click-there you would find the option to copy the sketch.

after clicking on copy then right click again-option to paste the sketch will be there...click a location to place the sketch.

this sketch you can drag with the cross symbol generally in the middle of the sketch...you can scale sketch and even rotate.(there are two separate handles for this on the copied sketch)

This thread prompted me to look into the sketcher's Palette.

If you simply save a current sketch (File>Save while in sketcher) to the working directory, you can drag and drop that sketch through the sketcher Palette dialog. Just click on the tab with the name of your current working directory and it will be there.

You can overwrite this value with a config.pro path for sketcher_palette_path (or 2d_palette_path; same thing). If you set this option, the working directory is no longer queried.

Be careful as to how you set up your sketches. If constraints are tied directly to selected references, these will not remain when you copy/paste or drag/drop from the palette. Arbitrary constraints are added that can make the sketch unstable after you place it.

SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:SamLamb)

Sam, do you mean copying a shape several times in one sketch ?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags