cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Counterbores called out in notes?

A.DelNegro
4-Participant

Counterbores called out in notes?

I thought at some point in the past, hole notes included the counterbore
information. I noticed the problem a while back but just didn't have
time to track down the solution.

I have a hole that I've created with a counterbore. The hole size is
called out, but there is no counterbore information or call out (see
attached). Is there a setting for this?

Thanx

Tony

1 REPLY 1

Anthony,

First, try searching for "Thread Note Formatting" in Pro/E's help section. I know how annoying it can be to use help unless you know exactly what PTC has named what you are looking for. Given your hole has *no* thread, I imagine this three word name may not have occured to you 🙂

It did not occur to me, anyway. I only now know where to find that in help because I founda TAN and TPI on the help documentation being incorrectin earlier versions of Pro/E. The link to the TAN you will want to read for the correction to the help filesis:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=/117734.htm

OK, now more specifically to your situation, try selecting the note with a left click and then hold down right click and then choose Edit Value. The text of the hole callout should pop-up in a text editor window. Odds are you won't find anything like the following in it.

n &CBORE_DIAMETER[.2] v x &CBORE_DEPTH[.2]

This is an example of the type of verbiage that will display the counterbore information you are looking for. If you place it into the editor, you should get a counterbore callout in your note again. You may have to playwith it to get it to look exactly right since I don't knowhow the forum may munch the symbols that are interspersed between the CBORE callouts.I hope that helps.

Good Luck,

Matt Yacono

Engineer II

Research & Development

(949) 727-7559

(949) 753-6270 fax

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags