cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0 asking to work offline mode

sbrune
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 asking to work offline mode

While working the creo seems that loses connection with the Windchill server and asks to work in offline mode, as several open support tickets but still can not solve the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:sbrune)

It is something that PTC support should be able to help trace down.

That is why we pay for support.

If you are not getting satisfaction from the support technician, feel free to escalate the case to the next level.

If this is happening several times a day, I would suggest making this a #1 high priority case.

If you can capture a repeatable instance of when this happens, you can have a support technician monitor certain elements of the server interaction. Maybe it is as simple as figuring out the timeout cycle. Anything you do to make a case repeatable will help diagnose the problem much faster.

Even on my fixed license local machine, I had trouble with license timeouts or lost licenses when I put the computer to sleep. This was resolved with a registry tweak, and an older version of the license manager.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Welcome to the forum, Samuel.

It sounds like the Windchill server is timing you out. This is probably not a Creo issue but an OS administration issue. A decade ago, this was a very prevalent problem where we used a simple ping tool to make sure the server connection remained active. I suspect there is a timeout setting somewhere that gets triggered.

Thank you for Antonius help,

this error happens only on some machines, machines and 3-5 in total are more than 100.

You know which team setting checked out the creo has to configure.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

It is something that PTC support should be able to help trace down.

That is why we pay for support.

If you are not getting satisfaction from the support technician, feel free to escalate the case to the next level.

If this is happening several times a day, I would suggest making this a #1 high priority case.

If you can capture a repeatable instance of when this happens, you can have a support technician monitor certain elements of the server interaction. Maybe it is as simple as figuring out the timeout cycle. Anything you do to make a case repeatable will help diagnose the problem much faster.

Even on my fixed license local machine, I had trouble with license timeouts or lost licenses when I put the computer to sleep. This was resolved with a registry tweak, and an older version of the license manager.

Really,

I will climb the case to get a better help in the case.

thank you.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I hope they get this resolved quickly for you, Samuel.

You are welcome and have a great day!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags