cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 2 variables

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Creo 2 variables

I have searched for some answers but I am still confused. What is the different between all of these and are they all needed?

PROE_WORK_DIR

PDM_LDB_PATH

PTC_WF_ROOT

PROE_START_DIR

Steve G

3 REPLIES 3
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Wow! That's amazing. Nobody knows the difference. I guess it shouldn't be surprising knowing PTC.

Steve G

Steve,

I only use PTC_WF_ROOT to set local cache location.  Not familiar enough with others.

Bob Lohbauer

On Mar 8, 2014, at 9:13 PM, "Steve Galayda" <steveg@hydraforce.com<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:steveg@hydraforce.com">>">mailto:steveg@hydraforce.com>> wrote:

Wow!  That’s amazing.  Nobody knows the difference.  I guess it shouldn’t be surprising knowing PTC.

Steve G

Those are environment variables. In Creo, out of the box many of those don't exist. You would have to set them in your startup script.

PTC_WF_ROOT
============
If you open up a system window from Creo and type set, I get the following Creo related path.
PROGUIDE_DIRECTORY=C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090\uifdoc
PROTAB=C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090\x86e_win64\obj\protab.exe
PROTABLE_DIRECTORY=C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090\protable
PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE=C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090\x86e_win64\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe
PRO_DIRECTORY=C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090
PRO_IMAGE_CONVERTER=C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090\x86e_win64\obj\convert_image.exe
PRO_MACHINE_TYPE=x86e_win64
PRO_MECH_COMMAND="C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\Parametric0.psf"
PRO_USRMAIN=C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090\usrprog\umain\usrmain.c
PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE=7788@xxxxx;7788@xxxxx.xxxx.xxxxx
PTC_HELP_CENTER_URL=C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Help\help\creo_help
PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\Users\haigh1\pro\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER
PVIEW_PROEPVIEW_HOME=C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M090\apps\prodview

The two I've hi-lited are there because I set them in my startup script.
set PTC_WF_ROOT=%USERPROFILE%\pro\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER
set PTC_HELP_CENTER_URL=C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Help\help\creo_help

PROE_START_DIR
==============
This is supposed to be the directory where ProE/Creo starts from. That is one of the locations it reads a config file from.

Not sure this still works.

I don't use this, I just change it with the start in directory section of the shortcut used to launch Creo. I put the directory under the users profile, so if you have multiple people using a computer, like in a conference room, they will all have their own environment.

[cid:image001.png@01CF3C40.72A170B0]

PROE_WORK_DIR
==============
Obviously this would be the working directory. Before PDMLink, you could use this as another location where ProE would read a config file from. You would only want that if you worked outside of Windchill. But that would necessitate that you had a different startup script for each working directory you wanted to start.

Not sure this still works.

David Haigh
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags