cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo becomes pixelated when working with large components

jcaldwell
1-Newbie

Creo becomes pixelated when working with large components

So, we recently had a user that receive a new workstation (HP Z440) with up-to-date drivers and BIOS and a factory installed AMD FirePro W2100 GPU, which was later replaced with an NVIDIA NVS 510 2GB GFX GPU.  Since the new graphics card was installed, the user is not able to work with large components without encountering lag and pixilation of the on-screen image.

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this or has any ideas on what could be wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jcaldwell)

My first recommendation would be to upgrade to the latest video card drivers. That usually solves a large number of problems.

If the "pixilation" happening during spinning, if so, there is a config option for level of detail that simplifies smaller parts to make the model spin faster.

You can easily find that under file options model display. Uncheck it and try spinning the model.

It's also can be turned off in the editor LODS_ENABLED NO

Hi,

I have never seen NVIDIA NVS graphic card in the list of supported cards. You can ask PTC Support, whether this card is the right one for Creo.

MH

Martin Hanák

Looks like it has pretty low performance:

PassMark - NVS 510 - Price performance comparison

It dates from 2012, and ranks alongside old Geforce 8800s (about the same age) and some Intel HD integrated graphics.

habat
4-Participant
(To:jcaldwell)

If you can afford it, I would recommend upgrading the video card to the NVidia Quadro 4000 or 5000 series with 4GB or 8GB RAM. Also, I would recommend using HP Performance Advisor for Creo which will check the drivers (vs the certified version) and will also propose some tuned values for Creo. I will also handle CPU Affinity and other interesting performance settings.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags