cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo3.0 network install

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

Creo3.0 network install

Hi All!

I am not able to install CreoPro 3.0 and help on the networked drive - i have "Not Allowed" in the status column when I specify the mapped drive (or full URL) for install path. Anybody else run into this? I have oppened a call with PTC TS, but useless so far...

Thanks,

😄

3 REPLIES 3
davehaigh
11-Garnet
(To:Dmi3U)

See attached email. Perhaps this is your issue. You'll need to change a registry setting.

David Haigh

I'm now having this same issue with CP3 M070.  Never had this problem in the past installing to a network location.  The strange thing is that I just tested again with our old M050 download and now it also throws the "Not Allowed" message.  I tried the install from a couple different machines, but all were the same.  I do have write privileges to the destination folder.  Was a solution found for this?  Thanks.

NOTE: I was not able to find a download for the attached email that David Haigh referred to, so was not able to investigate the "change a registry setting".

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dmi3U)

Hmmm. I just installed it yesterday to a network drive yesterday without issue. Not sure if it matters, but I didn't browse to the drive, I simply pasted the location into the path. Be sure to hit 'Enter' after pasting the text or it won't activate the 'Next' button.

Tom U.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags