cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Extrusion Question

ptc-1674257
1-Newbie

Extrusion Question

Hi, I want to do an extrusion diagonally to remove materials from a wing model. However the extrusion that i was able to do is all 90 degrees. Does anyone know how to solve this? Currently using pro engineer wildfire 2.0, education version as it is on the school computer. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

i understand you need to remove material diagonally,Can you try Sweep instead extrusion. or you can create curves, then surf with curves later cut the unwanted material. think out of extrusion you will find many solution Chander.

Yvonne, Probably all you need to do is to create a datum plane at a proper angle and then use that datum plane a sketch plane for your extrusion. The Extrude feature depth is always normal to the sketch plane.

If I'm guessing right, the analogy is you want to extrude a circle, but want the sections normal to the direction of extrusion to be elliptical instead of circular. You can accomplish this 2 ways, I'll outline the first (variable section sweep or VSS), which I like better, and can do the next if needed. Adjust this to your needs, but what I did was: Make a trajectory sketch on the top plane, looking down, with the right plane as my right, this was a +45deg line starting at 0,0 and going an inch in depth back from the front plane. Then, I did a VSS, picking first the line for a reference leaving the origin as the 0,0 point. Then, for the "Section plane control" option, choose "Constant normal direction" and Ctrl-pick (critical) the front plane. then under "Options", pick the option "Constant section". Then sketch your section. the default is "surface" creation, so make sure you pick "solid" if that's what you want. Good luck!

Thanks for all your reply. I manage to model what i want with your guidance and advices. Thanks.

"Yvonne Chia" wrote:

Thanks for all your reply. I manage to model what i want with your guidance and advices. Thanks.

I use the sweep - cut.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags