cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Fatigue and non-lineal analysis

lmarcos
1-Newbie

Fatigue and non-lineal analysis

Hi!

I´m running a model with contacts so the analysis must be non-lineal for best results.

Then I must analyze the fatigue but CREO say I must select a previous lineal static analysis to do. So if I need both option. how it´s possible to do that with CREO or it´s not possible at all?

Another issue is, my component has a pretensed bold, so I need a pre-load in the load set added to the main load. But CREO say it´s not possible to use large displacement analysis with pre-loads but I have contacts, so with CREO it´s not possible to do that kind of analysis (non-lineal/large displacement analysis + pre-loads + fatigue).

Thanks for all the answer.

Luis

1 REPLY 1

Large deformation+contact + preload (modeled using solid elements only - not beams or fasteners unfortunately) is OK.  But as you say, this cannot be combined with fatigue, which requires a linear analysis.

However, the fatigue analysis can relatively easily be done outside of Creo Simulate, either "by hand" or by using for example  matlab. From the Mathworks user community you can for example download rainflow count algorithm... This obviously requires some matlab-programming skills.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags