cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Help!

ookafor
1-Newbie

Help!

Hi, I am new to creo parametric...

i downloaded creo 3.0 but i have a problem, whenever i want to extrude, the extrude tab comes up but the sketch tab doesnt come up.. I am quite certain i set it this way by mistake but now i want to revert back to the way it was by default but i havnt been able to... please anyone who knows how to get this done.. because the sketch tab doesnt comeup, i am unable to draw sketches which has practically rendered the software inoperable for me.. please help someone.

thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:ookafor)

The "Sketch" tab does not come up initially. Once you click "Extrude", you need to select the placement tab on the dashboard:

Capture.JPG

From there you either select an existing sketch or click "Define" to create a new one.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

You can also simply click flat surface/plane (after using Extrude, of course) and Creo should go into Sketcher mode automatically (so it will use some default orientation and references for selected sketch plane). If you select sketching plane first, and then click Extrude, you'll also go directly to Sketcher. Using Define from Placement tab gives you most control over sketch orientation, though.

Hi Odera,

Did either of the provided suggestions help resolve your issue? If so, please mark their corresponding response as "Correct Answer."

If you're still having trouble please provide more detail about the problem.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags