cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How can I create a "Pick and Place Robot" animation?

aensinger
1-Newbie

How can I create a "Pick and Place Robot" animation?

Hallo PTC Community!

Ich want to animate a Pick and Place Robot to take five bottles from a conveyor belt and place it in a Box.

Is it possible to animate this in PTC Creo Parametric 2.0?

Thank you for your help!

10 REPLIES 10

What method are you using to grab the bottles?
Are you using suction or other mechanical means?

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!

We are using suction for our robot.

We have to animate this for our school project and the techer isn´t really helpful.

We need a step by step solution to animate this project

Thanks in advance!

I would create the effect of animation by creating individual frames and splicing them together. I've done this before by creating a stub trail file that edits each of the desired parameters and regens the model and also saves images from the screen after regen.To be more interesting, change the view orientation between image exports. I then take the stub, extract and copy the parts of the trail file that look to need changing, and make the desired alterations and run the trail file.

One might also just make a mapkey that changes the parameters incrementally and saves the images as well.

There are a number of utilities to stitch the frames into an animation.

It isn't easy, but it isn't all that hard either.

We know how we could animate the movements in x and y direction but we do not know how we could animate the suction to pick five bottles up and place it in the box. Please could you descirbe this a little bit more accurate?

You can put the bottles on a servo linked to a hidden linkage like a rack and pinion gear setup.

Are you having to deform a part during the animation to show the action of a suction cup?

The animation tool lets you swap out components with visibility along the timeline.

No, we´re having no part to show the deform of the sction cup.

You can do this with mechanism and user defined servo motors. You then have the option of using just mechanism to capture the motion or bring the mechanism analysis into the animation tool to bring some more life to the presentation.

The idea is that you have mechanism linkages in your assembly and you can drive any motion with user defined servo motors that can be triggered at the right time within the timeline.

This is not an easy thing to set up but once you have a "storyboard" set up, and all the motion envelopes defined, it pretty much runs itself. Don't forget to use snapshots so things don't get tied up.

Antonius,

Do we have the ability to simulate suction cups in Creo 3?

Reason for asking the questions above before answering the question.

Don

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!

Donald, in animation, you have the option to replace a component with visibility if indeed it changes shape in the process.

‌My team and I wanted to use Creo 3.0 but we're not allowed to use it

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags