cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to get centre line for arc automatically?

AraviK1
1-Newbie

How to get centre line for arc automatically?

Hi folks,

while we sketch any circle or arc,by defalut it wil show centre line?

But in wf-5.0 full circle only showing centre line.

what we need to do get centre lines for arcs also autometically?

AraviK

centre.PNG

8 REPLIES 8

config.pro show_axes_for_extr_arcs yes

Thanks Tom - I shall be setting that to no in my personal config! I don't want an axis through every dratted arc in every sketch I extrude...

visu
1-Newbie
(To:AraviK1)

Go to sketcher mode and place geometry point in arc center. close the sketcher mode then you can view centerline in 3d mode.

Regards

Viswanathan.K

Thanq visu & Antonius Dirriwachter.

Antonius Dirriwachter, But its not working even set YES in config.pro options. 😞

Thanks

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:AraviK1)

I just did a couple of quick tests and it appears that the config option is applied during initial feature creation.

If a feature was created with the option set to 'yes', it will show axes, even if the option is later set to 'no'.

If a feature was created with the option set to 'no', it will not show axes, even if the option is later set to 'yes'.

Redefining the feature does not change the behavior, even if the option has been changed since. It continues to behave the way the option was initially set when the feature was originally created.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:TomU)

Yes, this is a poorly implemented feature. The setting only applies to features created after the setting and there is no way to switch it.

As long as the object is an extrude anyway, I like Viswanathan's method best, using the geometry point remains optional. The only problem I've had in the past is that when editing some sections after the fact, the geometry point feature is grayed out. There is something going on in the background that makes this axes generation incompatible after certain operations.

And Jonathan, I finally came up with the conclusion. All the extra axes in the model really do get annoying after a while. When you use the config option to allow them, it is often after the fact that you think about it so you find yourself doing it over and over again.

The times I've noticed axis points as not available is in datum curve creation.

They always seem available for solid linear extrusions. I don't use surfaces enough to have noticed.

I've definitely had this limitation happened on solid geometry features. Never bothered to find out why.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags