cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

ISO HOLE ERROR

visu
1-Newbie

ISO HOLE ERROR

Dear Folks,

Facing an issue when the iso hole created in creo/elements pro 5.0

I have attached screen shot please view it and review it.

why i can't create those?

THREAD.JPG

Thanks & Regards

Viswanathan.K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
visu
1-Newbie
(To:visu)

Dea Folks

The ISO HOLE ERROR because of part accuracy value.

Later i increased the part accuracy value then it is created succesfully.

Thanks & regards

Viswanathan.k

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Check in the 'Shape' tab and make sure that the values for the tapping drill and the thread make sense.

visu
1-Newbie
(To:visu)

Dea Folks

The ISO HOLE ERROR because of part accuracy value.

Later i increased the part accuracy value then it is created succesfully.

Thanks & regards

Viswanathan.k

Viswanathan,

I'm going through the same annoying problem. Could you describe the steps you took to increase the part accuracy value, as I am new to Creo? Thanks in advance.

Creo uses a relative accuracy setting in the model properties (file>prepare>model properties). You can try setting this to a more refined value. Default is .0012. There is also an "absolute" accuracy capability but you have to enable this 1st in config.pro: enable_absolute_accuracy no*/yes and you might also look at all the "accuracy" settings you can specify in config.pro. Personally, I also set default_abs_accuracy to .00005.

I really REALLY REALLY find this whole accuracy thing annoying in Creo. I understand why it is there, but internal management of this should be transparent to the user. This would be MUCH better handled in a failure handling mechanism where accuracy would be set base don the users! needs, not the software. Warning are fine, but feature failure due to accuracy setting? Not acceptable in this day and age.

Antonius Dirriwatcher,

Thanks for your prompt and kind answer. I set the accuracy to a smaller value, and while I don't get the error message any longer I do get an incredibly low diameter value for the ISO hole I'm creating (an M16x2). I don't understand why the hole is not of the diameter shown in the technical drawing. I was under the impression that ISO holes options already had a standard diameter that was taken care of by the program when I'm asked to make such hole with no further details. If this is not the case, then I apologize for my stupid question.

I include a couple of pics of the model and the problem I see with the ISO hole.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

I am going to suggest there is something wrong with this hole definition in the hole tables. For the value to be .5512 for the pilot, it is obviously not correct for an M16 thread.

The only possibility is that your part is in fact using inch units. If this is the case, your entire model is 25.4 times larger than you think. You can change the units in the model properties dialog. You can change this on the fly and let Creo correct the values.

I love those old drafting schoolbook diagrams. I would like to find some royalty free versions of these somewhere. They make great exercise parts for tutorials and such.

Problem solved! Indeed it was because the model was in inches. I changed the units and the problem was no more.

Correct me here: the drawing says "Draw 1/4 size". Should that have alerted me to use milimeters or simply the fact that I was asked for an ISO hole? Usually these diagrams have "METRIC" written in front of them and that's when I comply. Since I'm just starting out it's natural for me to lose many hints or details.

Yes, these diagrams are lovely. I'm going through 140 of them before I start a mechanical engineering course later this year.

I am a long time user and I still get caught using inch parts as millimeters. Adding a metric thread will let you know your error pretty quickly. At least Creo understands the difference in the hole tables. This is a good thing.

Enjoy your lessons!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags