cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mapkey for different Creo language

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

Mapkey for different Creo language

Hi folks,

I have a question about using mapkeys - in different creo languages.

Problem: I create mapkey in Creo (German version) - with the mapkey, I need to select old drop down menu (all expresion are in the German), but if I open the mapkey - system wrote everything in the original English version.

For example: #SHOW;#ERASE;

Result: I can not use this mapkey, because system looking for English expresion >> no German.

Can you help me with configuration option for this problem?

Thanks,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vladimir,

I installed CR3 M090 with German language.

I launched CR3 M090 in German language, opened assembly and created mapkey xx representing following sequence:

Datei > Vorbereiten > ModelCHECK Regenerieren > Oberste Ebene

The mapkey xx is included in attached config_mapkey.pro file and it works well in German CR3 M090. It shows ModelCHECK output in Creo integrated browser.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I am not familiar with the other languages but two thoughts come to mind:

1. Are you sure it is a language issue and not just a mapkey issue? It would not surprise me if the commands remain English regardless of what language you suggest and the only difference is that the GUI is changed. Try recording a very simple mapkey that is guaranteed to work and see if that runs successfully. If it does it might be that your mapkey has some other issue like an out of sequence event.

2. Have you tried manually editing the mapkey to the german translation? Again, I would try this on a simple mapkey to see if that solves the problem.

Vladimir,

what Creo version and Mxxx do you use ? Can you attach a picture of old menu command you can launch via mapkey ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Vladimir,

I tested mapkey in CR2 M230 in Drawing mode (menu related to repeat region) in German language. Mapkey contains English command names and works well in German UI. I do not understand, what's the problem.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I do not understand this situation too. I remember that was work always  - doesnot matter about languages - creo always can recognize it... but for now it something wrong.

I use Creo Parametric 3.0 M090 (company standard in these days).

Here is the example: (I would like to select by mapkey ModelCHECK regenerate in asm mode - system runs and ask for selection: I select TOP LEVEL)

in mapkey is look like this

.... mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdMCRegen` ;;#TOP LEVEL .... but in german translation is OBERSTE EBENE and I know that it is the reading error.

Note: I have try to use trail file in german Creo configuration and with trail file combination with mapkey I can do it >> but it is not clear and I have found more Mapkeys for specifics DE configuration (if Mapkey need to select information from old drop down menu) >> I do not want to create a lot of "fake" trail files for it.

I can do it but if I need to change it - it is much better to change only mapkey (no mapkey and trail files)

I have tried to find some configuration option - for Multilanguages mapkeys but ... nothing.

For now - I manage this mapkeys byt trail files >> but I would like to use only Creo mapkeys

Thanks,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Vladimir,

I installed CR3 M090 with German language.

I launched CR3 M090 in German language, opened assembly and created mapkey xx representing following sequence:

Datei > Vorbereiten > ModelCHECK Regenerieren > Oberste Ebene

The mapkey xx is included in attached config_mapkey.pro file and it works well in German CR3 M090. It shows ModelCHECK output in Creo integrated browser.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, thanks for your help and your mapkey file.... but ... it is not work in my Creo configuration See attached video.

Note: I have tried it with company configuration files and without config files too (default creo). Result - in defaul Creo configuration is working (I will find the configuration option and post it here ) - which destroy this function.

Thanks for your mapkey - now I can continue with my investigation

BR, Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hi all, it is unbelievable - problem is with *ui file.

I have created admin*ui file in EN Creo ... and if I use it in DE modification - the drop down menu does not work correctly with Mapkeys.

I need to investigate - how to create UI for both language modification

Thanks folks for your time and help.

Good luck.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags