cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mirroring a shelled extrusion

MichaelLUDS
1-Newbie

Mirroring a shelled extrusion

Hi

I am quite new to CREO Parametric 2.0 and for a University project I have to model a simple holepunch using a range of features. I am currently trying to mirror an extrusion that is shelled, however when I do mirror it the shell does not get generated on the mirrored side. Is there any reason for this? What do I do to fic this problem?

Any help is greaty appreciated, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the forum, Michael.

It is hard to say what the problem is without looking at the part. Even harder is that full version users cannot open academic version.

Typically, something was not mirrored as expected. If you upload the file as a STEP export (save-as STEP) we might see what may be wrong.

There are a few bugs in mirror... or otherwise not very intuitive limitations within the features created in the original feature set. It is better to try to mirror at an earlier stage and see what feature may be causing the issue.

Are there any error messages in the scrolling log file at the bottom of the screen? You might drag the bottom of the screen up so you can see at least 4 message lines.

Hmm, since I posted the message a classmate has helped me out, but thank you nonetheless! Unfortunately you have said something that is a bit worrying. Can full version owners really not open student version files?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags