cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Moving components between models

ptc-2023253
1-Newbie

Moving components between models

I am trying to copy a number of components from one model to another. Is there a way to do this? The models use the same default coordinate system and are fairly similar in shape. I just need to move the components over to see if there are any issues with their placement on the other model.
2 REPLIES 2

I understand that you have 2 similar modules with similar parts(maybe few different ones) to be compared whether there is any interference. Solution : You can make a Dummy assembly and assembly the exisiting module with the new module you will be able to findout whether parts interfere or just perfect as you were expecting.

Hello Wade, If I was creating two or more assemblies which were very similar, say for instance a key pad whose keys vary for each assembly, I would use a family table. What you do is assemble 'ALL' components into the generic assembly and use the family table to create instances of the generic and exclude parts for a particular instance. If you are familiar with family tables this is very easy and quick to accomplish, if you are not familiar then have a little practise outside of your current project.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags