cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Moving to Wildfire 5/Creo

ikamster
1-Newbie

Moving to Wildfire 5/Creo

In the near future, we will be moving from Wildfire 4.0 to WF 5.0/Creo. Any words to the wise, or any thing that I need to watch for?

4 REPLIES 4

Ken,

I have compiled some WF4 / WF5 comparison material that I will send along (if anyone elses is interested, just email me)- also see http://www.cadquest.com/books/rel28.htm this was VERY valuable.

If anyone has any training materials or tutorials or ideas aounr user training, this would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Francis

In Reply to ken miller:

In the near future, we will be moving from Wildfire 4.0 to WF 5.0/Creo. Any words to the wise, or any thing that I need to watch for?

David T. Francis

We had moved from WF4 to WF5 M090 and also from Win XP 32-bit to Win 7
64-bit.

WF 4 was one of my most-liked releases, right along with WF 2, and 2001.
Right-clicking on features worked well, and the object-action paradigm
seemed to be implemented fairly.

In WF5, drawing mode is very disruptive; printing 'engine' has been
modified, most modeling modes are very similar to WF 4.

The Creo 1 interface is different from WF 5, and we are going wait (if
possible) for Creo 2 and avoid Creo 1, as the interface is being
modified further from Creo 1 to Creo 2.

Also, mapkeys may have to be reprogrammed, even though you may be using
the newer API call style vs. older menu picks.

But YMMV,

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company

124 Hidden Valley Road

McMurray, PA 15317

*simplified rep creation in 5.0 (out of the box is terrible). i would set in config new_wf5_simp_rep_ui no

*Don't waste hours trying to get the dashboard at the bottom of the UI. PTC forbids in 5.0. thanks!

*Still no fullscreenusage. thanks!

*still no extrude with draft Thanks!

*default lighting in models is horrendous. The lighting is so bright and so white that you can barely even see edges on the model in shaded mode. I had to create a mapkey in import lighting that is not the full power of the sun into models. I then set the save_scene_with_file yes so the lighitng that was imported will be saved with parts and assemblies. I also had to go into my start models and "fix the lighting" with the lighting corrected.

*drawing mode ressemblesa MS ribbonstyle thatreally does agood job of slowing you down.

*model appearence.dmt color pallete leads extremely slow pre m100 release.

*assigning colors to models is completely different and more combersome

*in general the GUI does a really god job of putting flyouts and windows on top of other window making the contents behind the windows inaccessible.

*Layering hiding and show (unhide is not a word) of inheritence features does not work correctly. the "hide" or "show" does not take effectuntil you start a feature and the cancel the feature... i wrote a mapkey to do this for me...WF4.0 did NOT do this.

*about 50% of ther time i "erase not displayed" Pro/Creo/Wildfire dissappears

In essense, it is like wf4.0 just a little worse

Hi all,

Even though I'm familiar with splitting balloon quantities on a drawing, I can't remember the best method (if there is one), of doing so across multiple sheets. For example, having 40 of the same screw in an assembly which is documented by a 5 sheet drawing with a different explode view on each sheet. On the first sheet I get the 40. When I split and have to pick a second location, I'm stuck. Tried to open a second window but that didn't seem to work. I still need to play around with it a little, but was wondering if there was something simple that I was just missing.

Thanks,
Stefan
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags