cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

My PTC Host id is unvailable !!! HELP

ptc-5005026
1-Newbie

My PTC Host id is unvailable !!! HELP

Hello, this is my ptc host id : 74-2F-68-02-D9-6A

As you can see it doesn't begin with 00 or 08, so Pro engineer 4.0 can't be installed correctly, What should i do ?

5 REPLIES 5

i don't think your host id should start with 00 or 08 then only the license would work.the host id of your computer should match the host id in your license file..that's all. so please just see if the host id of your computer matches with your license file.

Yes it match and it begins with 74

It might be a little more complicated than this. Unfortunately, the host ID reporting tool can get confused and actually reports your router rather than the physical host. If you got the license with the router, it could have problems, but it should find it as long as it is connected with a cable.

Other problems can include having a wireless LAN taking priority over the physical LAN. This is fixed in the registry.

Otherwise, there is no restriction what the Host ID begins with.

And to make sure, your license file must be processed through the PTC web site with the appropriate Host ID. Simply editing the license file to show the correct Host ID will not work. The Host ID is used to create a unique license code.

Hi, try to use this little utility

MAC adress Reader - unique computer identification

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags