cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Objects Checked out By Others

cying
10-Marble

Objects Checked out By Others

Is there a way I can see if an object is checked out or created in someone else's WORKSPACE without admin privilege?

I am getting the FILENAME conflict and the object does not exist in any of my WORKSPACEs or in Windchill cabinet. I know the admin can search the object and pin point who has the same object name in their WORKSPACE.

Thank you in advance 🙂

Calvin
7 REPLIES 7

If you have a filename conflict, and you cannot find the caddocument yourself, you are sure someone else used the same name for a new uploaded caddocument in his or her workspace, or there is another object with the same name but you don't have minimal access to it.

<< ProE WF5 - PDMLink 10.1 M040>>

cying
10-Marble
(To:cying)

I have the latest NEW CADDOCUMENT which I need to check into Windchill. However, I have a FILENAME conflict which I know from the past someone has the same name uploaded to their WORKSPACE on the server-side.

The admin is able to find the object but not sure if this is a strictly an admin function.

I'm on CREO/Element and Windchill 9.1

Calvin

In my experience it's admin only. Admittedly, it's not something I've ever entertained changing. It happens so rarely that it's just not a thing to put the effort into changing.

Then again, as the admin, I'm more than willing to rat people out when they've used a production number they shouldn't have used. Is it wrong that I pit one user against the other in these moments?

Anyway, your admin should be open to helping you out. It's a simple matter of searching the number and telling you who created the other file.
jstone
4-Participant

As far as I know it is an admin function. Uploading is great for changing revisions on new cad parts and being able to work from multiple locations. Other than that "check in" works great.
jef
cying
10-Marble

Thanks for the quick responses….I was hoping for a workaround but seems like only the an Organization or Site Admin can perform this action ☹ The admin is out so I guess I’ll have to wait.

Article Number

CS101715<">http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS101715&source=minisearch>

Title

When uploading a new CAD Document that has been uploaded, but not checked in from another user's workspace, the error returned is unclear in Windchill PDMLink 9.1

Description

· When uploading a new CAD Document that has been uploaded, but not checked in from another user's workspace, the error returned is unclear.
· Message indicates the file exists in the database, but it cannot be found through a Search by the user.

Resolution

· Reported to R&D as SPR 1848544
· Workaround:
· Perform the Search with an Organization or Site Administrator account.
· Ask the other user to delete or checkin the object from this workspace
· An Administrator can also delete the other user's workspace if the entire content is not mandatory.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

On 08/22/14 09:22, Ying, Calvin wrote:
>
> Is there a way I can see if an object is checked out or created in someone else’s WORKSPACE
> without admin privilege?
>

I have attached a report that does this. This is coming from a Windchill 10.2 system however this
report was originally created when we were still on Windchill 9.1.

> I am getting the FILENAME conflict and the object does not exist in any of my WORKSPACEs or in
> Windchill cabinet.  I know the admin can search the object and pin point who has the same object
> name in their WORKSPACE.
>
> Thank you in advance J
>
> Calvin
>
>
> ----------

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
   Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine

Upload also works great for protecting yourself from hardware failure or cache corruption. I have actually considered replacing the Save command with Upload since Upload saves first anyway.

Rob Reifsnyder
Mechanical Design Engineer/ Producibility Engineer / Components Engineer / Pro/E SME / Pro/E Librarian
[LM_Logo_Tag_RGB_NoR_r06]
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags