cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Photo Like Rendering

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Photo Like Rendering

All,

On WF5...

I've been asked to do some simple photo like renderings of simple parts
to sell our services.

I've used the Pro/E rendering tool in the past and was not all too
impressed with results. Maybe because I did not put enough time into it?
I've not used it on WF5 at all - yet.

Anyone have a "cheat sheet" on doing simple renderings? I'd prefer to
have someone's personal input (from talented group members) rather than
comb thru "too much information" on the module itself.

Thanks,

WayneF
10 REPLIES 10

I actually find that taking screen shots with jing with "enhanced realism" on works pretty well with out becoming a huge time sink. I rarely actually "render window" to truely render.

Adjusting the "scene" or "Room" can help. Also light sources/color/vectors can really help.

Probably most important are:

*your APPEARANCE.DMT file (with model color/textures)

*your texture files (jpgs/etc) taht your appearance point at is very important

*be sure that your config.pro points included texture search paths to each folder containing textures that your appearance.dmt references.

I can send you a ZIP file of my textures and appearance.dmt if you would like.

Pete

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:wfalco)

Jing huh? Worth a try. Is it free?
Yeah I am open for files?
Thanks so much!

DeanLong
10-Marble

Peter Gibbons...um...I mean Wayne Falco...starting with WF5 the rendering with Photolux got much better. Play around with it a bit with Enhanced Realism on and a few differnt "out of the box" environment scenes.

Stephen
4-Participant

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Thanks Stephan. I did try that keyshot and am pretty impressed. But...I
shall look.

cprice
6-Contributor

It is by far, the best renderer I have ever used.

Hopefully, I'll have a chance to use it again.

Charlie Price
Strategic Technical Services LLC
Phone 330.887.9295 Desk/Mobile/FAX
Main 888.479.1566x127
charlie.price@stechservices.com

Take a look at KeyShot - even better than Bunkspeed in my opinion and same pricing

>

I second the sentiment on KeyShot. Its very intuitive and easy-to-use. More importantly, the quality is near flawless. It makes tremendous renderings so quickly and with such professional results, it is simply transformative.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

egifford
4-Participant

I'd give Keyshot a try too. I did some renderings using the trial version when one of our engineers wanted good pictures to explaina design to the customer. The renderingslooked real enough that the customer thought they were pictures of prototypesand we'd be able to quickly deliver samples.

Been a while since I tried Bunkspeed, so the interface might be better than when I had done some renderings using it. I just remember that when I tried Keyshot last year it was intuitive &easier to use than earlier versions of Bunkspeed. If I recall, one is a spinoff of the other - the guy who wrote some of the original code for Bunkspeed left and started Keyshot or vice versa, something like that - both give great results, far better than anything I've ever gotten out of a PTC product.

Keyshot was spun from bunkspeed. As I understand it, the guy that came up with the engine was getting grief from Bunkspeed and created his own app (Keyshot) using his engine.

We have keyshot and the results are quite nice. We have done some animations with it too. They have a distributed processing license so you can use multiple machines to be your render farm. Must have for HD animations.

Jim
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags