cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Positioning text in a Table

jtynan
1-Newbie

Positioning text in a Table

I am looking to auto add space before the text in a table. This table is used in a sheet format. Currently i am putting in 5 spaces before I type any text which isn't the easiest to get right every time.

Image attached showing the 5 spaces in the text input box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:jtynan)

I'd try adding an extra colum in between those two and erasing the line betweent he collumns instead.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:jtynan)

I'd try adding an extra colum in between those two and erasing the line betweent he collumns instead.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I'm with Doug on this. Setting up a format to represent graphics using tables is too much work but it is our only avenue if you need autofill formats.

The biggest limitation is that you cannot erase the outer edge of the table. If I could, I might enter every cell as a single value and just use the rest as sketch space where annotation and lines are drawn at will.

This is a format that uses 3 tables. The upper copy shows you the actual cell divisions. There is no overlaying of annotation. All the fields and their definitions are part of the tables. You will notice significant use of merged cells (*).

format_table.PNG

The result of this table is this:

format_table_on_dwg.PNG

Just be careful not to count on wrapping text. It will only wrap if the variable length is longer than the cell. If the data is longer than the cell, it will not wrap as expected.

In earlier versions of Pro/E I had trouble with seelcting and moving tables while working on drawings. I have not had this happened in a long time. I am not sure when this was corrected.

*... merged cells

format_table_merge.PNG

Thanks Doug and Antonius for your help. Creating the extra column and then blanking the line between worked nicely.

Regards,

John

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags