cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

ProE thumbnail extraction

ptc-2411981
1-Newbie

ProE thumbnail extraction

Hi, I wonder if there is an API to extract the embedded bitmap thumbnail of ProE files? Any comment is appreciated. Thank you, tbeu
2 REPLIES 2

Nobody knows? Or nothing available?

I think since intralink is involved in providing that kind of "preview" that what youre asking for is a ptc inside-secret-to-be-kept-from-its-users-thing... but that of course is only a half idea and founded upon nothing. Correct me if I'm wrong. There are some settings in the proconfig file that allow you to save sketch previews and .pic's but it means a separate file with an extension and revision number ...(ie not very neat and tidy). perhaps someone who knows java well may be able to shed some light on this... the product view browser can show 3D previews of most parts and assemblies but only on locally saved or drives. The intralink browser path "path=ilws://" will not display the model preview upon model selection whereas if you simply browse to a locally copied/backed-up folder the product viewer activates and displays a selected model preview. You have it, you have it not ... its abviously a (marketing)bug and not a feature :-/.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags