cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Question about tables

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Question about tables

Hi,

i have a table with self calculating values (driven by relations), these values have metric units. I have a customer who wants to see both metric & imperial units side by side, (or at least together somehow). I really don't want to have to redesign my table if at all possible, is there a way of adding these additional imperial values in some "fly out" fashion?, probably not, but i thought i would ask the question, you never know.

Regards

John

4 REPLIES 4

Hi John...

In short... no.

You can add the values NEXT to your metric values if you wish. We've had to do this before for some of our customers. You would obviously have to modify your table to display these alternate values. With some clever table work you can make a pretty nice table that shows both values.

Be forewarned, if you're doing this on a PIPING table there's some oddball error that pops up occasionally with dual dimensions. You'll know it if you see it. All the cells update but the last one. It's weird. Hoepfully you're not working in Pro/PIPING.

Take care...

-Brian

Thank you for the reply Brian, i thought it might be asking a lot, but it was worth a try. I'm not entirely sure i understand your answer, the NEXT values bit. I am no expert when it comes to tables, what i have, are pretty basic. I will try to figure it out.

Kind Regards

John

Hi John...

What I meant was... instead of having the imperial units "fly out" (which is not possible), you could simply display the metric units and the imperial units side-by-side. That's what I meant.

In most dual dimensioning situations, your have the primary units followed by the secondary units in brackets. For example, a typical dual dimension could look like this: 25.4 [1.00]

Since you already have the values you need (driven by relations), you could simply add a few new relations to perform the conversion. You can then display the values of these new relations next to the metric primary units. I'm not really sure what you're showing in your table. Are you just showing tabulated dimensions or are you using a family table, cable, or piping parameters? If you have a screensho of your table (or your relations), I might be able to give you more specific help.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi Brian,

yes, that is what i have decided to do (seeing as it is all i can do), show the values side by side. What i am doing has nothing to do with cabling or piping, nor are they dimensions, the values in question are are simple parameters calculated by simple equations. I have just had to accept that my existing drawing format needs modifying, include addtional columns, & write a few extra relations to do the conversions as you describe. Thanks for the help.

Kind Regards

John

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags