cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Retrieving the custom symbol (*.sym) on sketch mode

HarikrishnanR
3-Visitor

Retrieving the custom symbol (*.sym) on sketch mode

Dear Experts,

May I know how we can call a custom symbol (*.sym) on sketch mode ? Kindly guide me.

Thanks in advance!

Hari

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.” - Dalai Lama.

8 REPLIES 8

Hello,

this functionality is not implemented.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Dear Martin,

I have seen that there are people ( example:- SF, CAD/CAM - Zusatzapplikationen für Creo und Wildfire) to call custom symbols in to the sketch mode. But unfortunately they are not ready to share the technique with me.

Thanks

Hari

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.” - Dalai Lama.

Hi Hari, MartinHanak is right - with base Creo / ProE configuration it is not possible - but if you try to check weblink customization / meybe it will works for you

Try to check: ...loadpoint\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\datacode\weblink\weblinkug.pdf

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Dear

Vladimir

You are Welcome Hari - try to find some good solution for you.

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Those guys are developing auxiliary applications (Pro/TOOLKIT, JLink,...) - of course it is possible (although surely not easy), to develop a program that is reading a symbol and then add corresponding sketcher entities into the sketch. Or they convert the symbol into one of the formats that are supported for import into the sketch (IGES, DXF...). But whatever their technique is, it will not help you, while working in the user interface.

But speaking of supported import formats, since one of them is Drawing (*.dwg), the suggestion from JLG is probably the best you can do.

Dear ptc-88095 ,

You can't directly insert a symbol into a sketch. But you can get the geometry, if you're satisfied with just that. Simply place the symbol on a drawing, then convert it to draft entities (select symbol, right click, convert). In sketcher mode, choose Get Data/File System, and select your drawing from the file menu. Then you will be able to select the geometry you desire. Note that you won't be able to bring notes or dimensions into sketcher, which is why I suspect this functionality hasn't been implemented. It's not as pretty as directly inserting a symbol into the sketch, but it is a good workaround.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags