cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Section View Scale

ptc-4607055
1-Newbie

Section View Scale

In Creo I am trying to create a section view on a seperate page with a different scale. Originally, the scale of the section view is 10/1. I am trying to make it 50/1. However, when I go to "properties" > "scale" all the options are greyed out. I'm assuming because it is tied to the parent view scale.

Is it possible to change the scale on the section view without changing the scale of the parent view?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In that case, you cannot scale the section as the scale is tied to it's parent; the parent being the detailed view. The appropriate technique for this type of view, technically, is to make yet another detailed view from the section.

However, you can fool the system by making a general, scaled, section view, and optionally make it a partial view.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4607055)

Is it a projected view that you sectioned and are trying to scale or is it a detailed view that you are trying to scale? The projected view's scale is tied to the parent view, but a detailed views scale can be independent.

It is a detailed view.

However, the properties don't allow me to custom scale it

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4607055)

By the way, welcome to the forum.

I just wanted initially to verify that you were not trying to scale the projected view.

Thank you

And yes, it's a section off of a detailed view.

In that case, you cannot scale the section as the scale is tied to it's parent; the parent being the detailed view. The appropriate technique for this type of view, technically, is to make yet another detailed view from the section.

However, you can fool the system by making a general, scaled, section view, and optionally make it a partial view.

I see. That'll help me for now. Thank you very much

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags