cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Selection Prehighlighting *is* useful (for me)

ptc-1418735
1-Newbie

Selection Prehighlighting *is* useful (for me)

I do find that it increases my productivity - most of the time. That being said, Selection Prehighlighting is best employed whenever your model is not complex. Also - ALWAYS pay attention to "what was actually picked" as indicated in the message area... And as a bonus - here is a slick mapkey I wrote - it toggles the current status of Selection Prehighlighting, to either "on" or "off", as required: MAPKEY ph ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_sel_filter`;\ ~ Activate `selprefs` `PrehButton` ;~ Activate `selprefs` `Ok`
1 REPLY 1

Pre-selection highlight is useful a lot of the time. Sometimes, it gets in the way... especially when I'm trying to "demo" something for my boss... but overall, it's definitely a "nice to have" feature. And it's VERY easy to turn off (either "by default" through a CONFIG.PRO line, or manually through the "edit/select" menu). 95% of the time, it's a help. When it's not, I turn it off. Simple enough. I still like the old-style "query select," though, and I'll be ticked if they really do permanently remove that someday!
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags