cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Sketcher Palette

ptc-2201240
1-Newbie

Sketcher Palette

I bought Wildfire 4.0 Student Addition. I am trying to use my sketcher palette so I can draw a polygon. When I bring up the palette its just a blank screen....any suggestions
2 REPLIES 2

Kristopher, I'm guessing from your post that you want to add a new polygon to the Palette. If so, you do not sketch it within the Palette environment; the Palette gives you access to Sketches already available only. To add a shape, you create it in the regular Sketcher environment, save it, then place it in the correct directory for the Palette to access. So where's the directory, you ask. It can be specified by you using the Config option sketcher_palette_path, but, by default, will be found under the text directory of the loadpoint, probably C:\proeWildfire 4.0\text\sketcher_palette\polygons in your case. You can even add tabs to the Palette by adding subdirectories to the sketcher_palette directory. Good luck! David

I know this is an old post, but I am having the exact problem. I also have a student version of Wildfire 4.0, and when I open the sketcher palette, it is blank. There are no tabs, shapes, or anything. There is no "sketcher_palette" folder within my wildfire\text folder, and when I search my computer for "sketcher_palette", the only results are htm files that appear to be help files. Would it be a fair assumption that the student version does not have an existing sketcher palette? If so, would there be any way that one could get a base palette converted to the student version? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags