cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

The save box is grayed out so I can't choose the directory to save a file to. How do I fix this?

nmarshall
1-Newbie

The save box is grayed out so I can't choose the directory to save a file to. How do I fix this?

So this started recently happening when I try to save a file:

I am not able to choose the directory or folder I wish to save the file to. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:nmarshall)

Not sure, but does this have anything to do with it?

I noticed that is say, "Workspace on DO NOT USE. For Configuration Only...."  Does the admin have it blocked out?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:nmarshall)

When it says "workspace", this means you are using Windchill PDMLINK to manage your files, is this correct?

When using PDMLINK, you do NOT set directories for saving, it saves in to your workspace only.

Actually, it does not matter if you are connected to Windchill or not.  Even in a standalone session of Creo Parametric, if the user does a File > Save, the only option is the model or drawing is saved to the Working Directory.

If the user wants to save the model to a different folder, then it is necessary to do a File > Save As > Save a Copy, and select the new folder.  But a new name will need to be provided.

If it is desired to save the model to a different folder and keep the same name, then it is necessary to do a File > Save As > Save a Backup.

Thanks,

Amit

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags