cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Trucks

chris5
1-Newbie

Trucks

Hi there

Are there any of You who work on trucks, like build-ups?

You can see of my work on my documents. I would like to compare to your work.

Who knows maybe we can help each other.

Regards

Chris

1 REPLY 1
pwyndham
3-Visitor
(To:chris5)

I think you might have a hard time getting people to directly collaborate with you on truck designs. Most companies hold their designs very tight and have strict policies in regards to sharing data. Lets say two employees from different companies are talking with each other. Person A tells person B about a design they are working on to get some input or design help. There could be a lot of different outcomes from this, but 2 that stick out in my mind are:

• Person B gives an idea to help Person A. Later after the product goes to market, there is a lawsuit, because Company B is now claiming that Company A took their idea.
  • Company B goes on and produces the design that Company A was working on.

I know when I worked at Kenworth Truck Company there were strict rules on what information you could give out. Any drawings like the example you have could only be shown if they had non-disclosure agreements in place first. If employees used Kenworth computers to design a new pencil, that pencil design rightfully belonged to Kenworth.

There were a couple times when Kenworth worked with a body builder, but those times were closely guarded and the end product was usually sold through the Kenworth dealer network.

I am not trying to be a downer for you look for collaboration, but I think you should be careful and make sure you have protections in place before you share your information. I know it would be nice to trust everyone just because they use Pro/E, but there is the posibility to get bitten.

Good luck

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags