cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Truncated Diameter Dimensioning - Is There A Simple Method?

kkeith
1-Newbie

Truncated Diameter Dimensioning - Is There A Simple Method?

Is there an easier method of producing truncated Diameter Dimensions as shown in the attached screenshot?

I currently use Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 and I find producing Truncated Diameter Dimensions quite time consuming,

when shown in a Detail View, where the Axes of the Diameter to be dimensioned cannot be shown as it is outside the boundary of the Detail View.

At present I have to make the Detail View Boundary large eneough so that the relevant Axes can be 'Shown', then dimemsion the necessary Diameter(s), then re-size the boundary again to reduce the size of the Detail View Boundary, and then finally erasing the witness line I don't want to show.

Hopefully there is a much simpler method than this, that someone kknows of, as I find this method really painful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:kkeith)

Hello Keith and welcome to the forum.

I am using Creo 2.0 and it does exactly what you are asking in a simple method.

I show the annotation from the model in the detailed view. They come in with the default double arrow on the "blind" side. When I flip the arrows, the leader and arrows on the blind side turn off.

I have had trouble in the past making these as drafting dimensions even in Creo 2.0. They are best created in the model, even if you have to duplicate them to get reference dimensions for the drawing (which I often need in this case).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Hello Keith and welcome to the forum.

I am using Creo 2.0 and it does exactly what you are asking in a simple method.

I show the annotation from the model in the detailed view. They come in with the default double arrow on the "blind" side. When I flip the arrows, the leader and arrows on the blind side turn off.

I have had trouble in the past making these as drafting dimensions even in Creo 2.0. They are best created in the model, even if you have to duplicate them to get reference dimensions for the drawing (which I often need in this case).

Hello Antonius,

Many thanks for your reply to my post. It looks like the only easy solution is the one you have suggested.

'Showing' the models dimensions/annotation is an alternative, and one which I use from time to time when all else fails.

Company policy tends to restrict the use of 'shown' dimensions which is why we sometimes have to create the dimensions within the drawing, however in my example it would probably be easier tho 'show' the dimensions, and bend the rules occasionally .

Regards,

Keith Smart

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I know the feeling. Fortunately I have the freedom to get the job done in a manner as efficient as possible. I pretty much mix driven and driving dimensions at will.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags