cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Uh...sorry to do this again.

DeanLong
10-Marble

Uh...sorry to do this again.

Anyone know if it's possible to get the active section arrow to show up at the screen center? Having to back the model out six miles in order to grab the arrow is just plain dumb. I know I can change the dim in the tidy white box but that is equally dumb as the preceding sentence.

Note to PTC Developers: We model parts much bigger than a paperclip. If there is no way to change the location and/or tagging of the active section arrow, then it is counter-productive.

Signed,

Hoping my ignorance has already been addressed andovercome through stellar programming.

Thank you, that is all.

4 REPLIES 4

I need to add a clairification to my earlier post. When I stated "screen center" I did not mean to imply the model screen center indicated by the Green/Blue/Red icon at the center of our models. I meant to imply I would like the active section arrow to hover over my model at the center of my screen while Ipan/zoom/rotate the model. This would allow for very fast interrogation of the features while Zooming/Panning/Rotating. We are half the way there as the active section already works great while panning/zooming/rotating. It's just the arrow leaves the viewable screenand if you release the mouse button you have to zoom until you can see it again.

In Reply to Dean Long:

Anyone know if it's possible to get the active section arrow to show up at the screen center? Having to back the model out six miles in order to grab the arrow is just plain dumb. I know I can change the dim in the tidy white box but that is equally dumb as the preceding sentence.

Note to PTC Developers: We model parts much bigger than a paperclip. If there is no way to change the location and/or tagging of the active section arrow, then it is counter-productive.

Signed,

Hoping my ignorance has already been addressed andovercome through stellar programming.

Thank you, that is all.

Kinda like when you're offsetting edges in a sketch and Cro/E, Preo,
whatever, asks "Enter offset in the direction of the arrow" but the arrow is
off the screen. It seems to happen EVERY time.

Kinda exactly like that. :0)

Totally agree...must be rant Monday.and just about as dumb when you have a
mold extract/ imported part and cruise the mouse over the geometry and the
entire model lights up...very frustrating !

Best regards

Kelly Gensley

Genz Design & Machine L.L.C

Box 232

Victor, Iowa 52347
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags