cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Unable to group publish geometry in skeleton

DareDevil
1-Newbie

Unable to group publish geometry in skeleton

Why can't I group published features in my skeleton? I have found a work around where I create another group and then do edit definition on it... but that is not a preferable way, and I don't know if there is any other reason for not being able to group the published.

5 REPLIES 5

Yes, and I run Creo Elenents Pro 5.0 M100 to be exact...

Hi Daniel...

I just tried this and was able to group my publish geometry features in a skeleton. I'm using Creo Elements/Pro M090 but I will try pulling down M100, too.

Maybe there's a clue in the type of references you're grouping? I realize that shouldn't matter but what type of references are you adding to your Publish Geometry features? Any other information, error messages, or clues would be helpful.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi Brian

I think I got it mixed up... It was in the part the imported features from a published geom I couldn't group. Sorry. It would be nice if you can try it out.

Cheers

Daniel

Oh, and no other clue. The row with "group" is not there... not even greyed out.

Hi Daniel...

I was able to group the imported features in the part. I created four different sets of publish geometries in my skeleton. I went to one of the parts referencing the skeleton. I created 4 copy geometry features... one for each publish geometry. This created 4 copy geometry features which I then selected and grouped.

One thing to note: In assembly mode, if you want to group features down inside one of the parts, make sure that part is ACTIVATED first. Select the features you want to group and then right-click to select Group from the pop-up menu. Or, go to the top level Pro/E menu and select Edit>Group. This option will not even appear on the menu unless your part is activated.

In part mode, group seems to work normally. Select the features to group, right-click and choose group from the pop-up.

If I've misinterpreted your problem or you're still having the issue, write back so I can try to reproduce it again. Maybe it's just an M100 bug?

Thanks!

-Brian

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags