cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Updating to next datecode

ptc-846473
1-Newbie

Updating to next datecode

Hi I am running WF3 M020. I downloaded M030. When I run it to upgrade, it tries to connect to a PTC server. It asks me for my proxy details (address and port)which are correct, but then it can't connect. It doesn't give me an option to enter in my password and username. Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong, or if there is another way to do this? Thank you. Shaun
4 REPLIES 4

I haven't tried it your way. If you downloaded the 3 discs, I would just move the previous version out of the way and install the new one into the old loadpoint location. Then, copy the loadpoint\bin folder from the old install into the new loadpoint and go from there. Regards

I didn't download the 3 discs. I downloaded the upgrade file MED-60449-CD-350_M030_i486-nt-installer.exe from the website, just over 15 megs. Running this file, it wants to upgrade my current setup, but then gives the problem as listed below. Thanks, Shaun

If I had to download the 3 discs, it would mean about 1.5 gig to download as opposed to 15 meg. Shaun

I have found out that the file I downloaded, isn't the actual upgrade file. All it wants to now do, is connect onto the internet to download the actual upgrade. I was under the impression that it contained all the files needed to do the upgrade, but apparently not. I have now ordered the CDs. Shaun
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags