cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Using .mi files

ptc-2489366
1-Newbie

Using .mi files

I am trying to import some of my old ME10 files, with limited sucess. Is this possible with PE? When I tried bringing in the file, some data, such as text was lost. I am trying at attach a sample file. Sam Murphysboro, IL
3 REPLIES 3

If you want to have the drawing you have to import the MI file with Import 2D filetype in Annotation. If you want to use the 2D geometry in the workplane to (example) extrude the geometry you have to import the MI file with MI (*.mi, *.lyt) in Modeling. In this case you have only the geometry. To check the geometry you can use: Machine / Extrude / Workplane / Select the workplane if the current workplane will not be selected automatically In your example you will find overlapping loops. Some circles you will find twice. Delete always one of them. If the contour is ok you can extrude, ... Regards WoHo
Not applicable
(To:whofer)

You can load your old drawings in Modeling PE Annotation, but you must load them as ""Import 2D"" That way the data will be migrated into the Annotation drawing structure. Once migrated, your old .mi drawings will display properly. If you are trying to load a drawing on to a workplane to use it for creating a 3D model, the information from WoHo is correct.
Not applicable
(To:)

I just finished testing with your attached file. I changed the name to add the .mi file extention, and it loaded right up. I did notice that one of the text fonts that you used in your drawing is not loaded when Annotation starts. That may be why you reported that some text is missing. You can load this font by selecting the text icon, and then selecting ""load font"" The browser will highlight the fonts used by your drawing, and the browser will allow you to load that font from a list. Annotation does not load the HP_I3098_c font by default.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags