cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Work Directory

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

Work Directory

Ok I have an issue that just completely defies all logic and reasoning.

I have a startup script that is supposed to set the Working Directory to X:\(user's name)\work and this works with 22 users. However with one of them it will randomly set it to X:\Users\(user's name)\work.

It will do this sometimes after a restart, after Creo crashes, or just when he launches Creo after no issues.

My command to set the work directory is:

set homedrive=x:\

if "%username%" == "erik.zab" set homepath=erik

set workdir=work

As I stated this only happens with one user and just at random times.

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Does Erik's computer have trouble assigning drive X:\ on bootup?

No. I am Erik, I used my name for an example. The others are all wrote the exact same, in the exact same startup script.

I think Antonius is asking if all computer have the same map drives. Could it be that the rouge computer drives are mapped with different letters (i.e. "t" instead of "x").

All the drives map exactly the same. It is done by a vbscript attached to their Active Directory User account.

It will make Work directory in the correct spot one time, and then not the next time. Without logging out or restarting.

Erik,

1.]

I think that you do not use correct notation.

If I open Command prompt window and enter set home command, I can see the following lines

HOME=D:\users\mh

HOMEDRIVE=C:

HOMEPATH=\Users\mh

HOMEDRIVE value does not contain backslash at the end

HOMEPATH does contain backslash at the beginning

2.]

I think that in case that your workdir is set to X:\Users\(user's name)\work, the if command returns FALSE.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I changed my slashes and will comment back here in a few days if the issues pops back up or not. It is very random when it will work correctly and when it won't.

Thanks

Erik

Erik,

if your problem appears again, please upload your startup script.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags