cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

creating a mapkey for middle click

ptc-1972301
1-Newbie

creating a mapkey for middle click

Can anybody tell me how to create a map-key for middle click of mouse? Any time durind the pro-e usage if i want to do the middle click with mouse can it be doen with any key of key baord?
10 REPLIES 10

enter touch do often it

I am sorry I don't understand.

change the settings in mouse control intead of mapkey

That's fine but left click & right click are much important for me. I can't change those clicks.

Is it possible to use Pro/E with a mouse without a middle click button? A mapkey would make it so much easier!

As far as I know, there is no way to put a middle mouse click in a mapkey. If you find a way, I'd love to know. Some times the enter key on the keyboard is the same as the middle mouse, but that's not 100% of the time.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

"Doug Schaefer" wrote:

As far as I know, there is no way to put a middle mouse click in a mapkey. If you find a way, I'd love to know.

Anand, I think a things may be a little confused here. Am I right that you want a mapkey for Done, Done/Return, Done, Done, etc. so you don't have to keep pressing the MMB? If so, open up a suitable cascade of menus and record a mapkey for Done, Done/Return by picking each from the open menus. Now if you hit the assigned keyboard key repeatedly you will get one or the other or both in sequence until you are "Done". (In the "old days" before recordable mapkeys, users would sometimes write a mapkey with a long string of Done's and Done/Return's trying to cover all possibilities.) David

check this: http://www.microsoft.com/france/accessibilite/training/windowsvista/mousekeys.aspx it's in french but you should find the same in english; in winXP you can use the mouse with the keyboard; I read if you press the "VerrNum" key 5 seconds, you access to the mouse control with keyboard. Good luck

sorry I make a mistake: the link is for VISTA. In XP, you need to use the "VerrNum" key.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags