cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

creo file formats and extensions

colmacpro
1-Newbie

creo file formats and extensions

Between creo/pro, direct and view there are currently several file types with extensions. (.asm, .prt, .drw, .pkg, .pvs, .ed, .ol, and whatever else I missed)

Will creo just have one file type with a single extension like “.cre”?

Will creo be limited in filenaming conventions like the pro element is?

Will creo eliminate the need for a background cadworker publishing viewables on the wintralink server?

Joe

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Joe

I wanted to share with you a commnent that Mike Campbell, our head of development for Creo posted on another forum, regarding single file types and common data model;

"No, the .prt file extension will remain. Do not confuse the Common Data Model with a Single File Format. There will continue to be specific file types, representing the different business objects, which users need to get their jobs done, and companies need to create in order to share information effectively."

I think that helps answer some of your questions.

Is there any information published detailing the managment impact of this common data model and the application out to extensions? For our use of the Creo suite, it will be coupled with the managment of output in Windchill. Is there a location discussing this area for Creo?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags