cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

find equation of a spline curve

acedill1
1-Newbie

find equation of a spline curve

Hello, I've created a spline curve that is used to make an extrusion. I just drew the spline curve from some point A to point B and this curve is exactly what I want. Does Pro/E have a way to obtain the equation of this spline curve? I've heard of Cubic Bézier curves where I would need 4 "control points" but I have not found an option/properties in Pro/E about this.
2 REPLIES 2

Antonio, I think the simple answer is No (at least as far as I am aware). However, I am intrigued by your question, and it raises two of my own. 1. Why do you want to do this? (Maybe there is some other way of doing what you are trying to do.) 2. You mentioned only two points (A&B). Do you have some tangency or other constraints at the ends? If not, of course, it's just a straight line. Finally, a general suggestion. If you have other software which can derive your desired equation from a series of points, you can create Datum Points on your curve and export their coordinates to whatever equation extraction software you might have. David

One more suggestion. If you export your model into a few of the various possible formats using SaveAs (look at Neutral and STEP, for example) and open the resulting files in Wordpad, you will see some curve abstraction information that might be useful to you.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags