cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

how to create a spring profile in proe based on inside dia , outside dia. mean dia , wire dia & number of coils

ptc-4510561
1-Newbie

how to create a spring profile in proe based on inside dia , outside dia. mean dia , wire dia & number of coils

Have attached image for your refernce .

It would be better if some one have created & share the profile

Untitled.png

6 REPLIES 6

Does anyone know what "face squared & not ground" means? The solid height is strange as it is 9.5 turns of 0.5mm diameter but only 4.3mm solid length. So is squared a less precise means of squaring without "grinding"? The compressed length (solid length) suggests each end is "squared" by 1/2 the wire diameter. 9.5 - 2*1/2 wire diameter = 8.5 * 0.5 = 4.25.

Haris, you might also review this document if you like to consider this method:

Closed and Ground Spring - Alternative to Helical Sweep

Never mind, answered my own question:

http://www.globalspec.com/ImageRepository/LearnMore/20123/explanation-compression202606bee46aa41a6a55c62317a475784.png

Thank you so much

Thanx a lot

Its really helpfull

And I want to know that how you have caluclated the values of z , R & theta

The profile is squared & not ground

Antonius and I basically made the same spring model. Almost all the springs I've ever seen used in over 30 years in this business have been closed and ground. So, when I made mine and Antonius made his, we picked a "closed" type spring not an "open" spring (i. e. not a plain heliux). From there, It's easy to make the part have the ground ends or not by just deleting the cut. You'll have to make sure you have some datum planes then to mat to for the open ends, and probably write relations and make parameters etc. to be able to choose open or closed, and have it adjust your free length accordingly.

Me, I can never see the need to use anything but a closed and ground spring, so that's what I made.

Best of luck!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags