cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

learning Creo 1

gbon
1-Newbie

learning Creo 1

Hi alls,

I'm wondering if there is some books about learning Creo Elements.
There seems to be no help files or tutorials from PTC anymore.

We are currently using Wildfire 5 (and previous ProE for many year).
We would like to learn what's new in creo.

Nothing on Amazon, perhaps somewhere else ?

Thanks,
GB
19 REPLIES 19

I found the following very helpful in looking at some of the features and enhancements with Creo 1.0:

Creo Parametric Tutorial<">http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorials/by_sub_product/sub_product_id:14>

This was made available on the Planet PTC Forum<">https://communities.ptc.com/index.jspa> boards.

Sean Sullivan

Product Development Engineer / CAD Administrator
[cid:image001.jpg@01CC8414.9A57CF00]
Velcon Filters LLC

Here is the confusion again caused by PTC.

Do you mean Creo elements/pro or Creo?

They are two completely different CAD applications.

PTC has cause some major confusion by rebranding Pro/ENGINEER after so many years in the industry. People ask questions about Creo but they really mean Creo elements/pro 5.0 or Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.

It's confusing many on Youtube as well. You find many videos about Creo but when the video plays, you realize it's not Creo. It's Creo elements/pro which is not the same thing.

At our company, we stick with Pro/ENGINEER as the name and do not use Creo elements/pro. We are testing Creo 1.0 and it prevents confusion.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

I'm not sure but I think it something like this...

CREO Elements/Pro... is really Pro/E WildFire 5.0 with a new moniker (splash screen).
CREO 1.0... is really CREO parametric.

Clear as mud !

Happy Friday.

Bob

Correct, except you forgot the number "5" 🙂

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 is Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0

But....

Don't confuse Creo Direct with Creo Elements/Direct because they are not the same thing. Not to mention that Creo Elements/Direct was called Co-Create prior to all this confusion.

Creo Direct can't do what Creo Elements/Direct can, but Creo Parametric can do everything Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 can do, or what we called Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0

Confused yet?

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Huh?
bbenitez
1-Newbie
(To:gbon)

I'm going back to CADDS-5

Anthony R. Benitez

Senior Mechanical Designer

Drafting Supervisor

Applied Research Laboratories

The University of Texas at Austin

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I think I'll go back to UGII or is that just Unigraphics, no wait it is now called simply NX.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.
JMSCRA
1-Newbie

Reminds me of Abbott & Costello's classic routine "Who's on first?".

For those who (LOL) don't know it here is a link to audio and text versions. Take your pick.

Again... Huh? 🙂

That always reminds of a sketch by the "Two Ronnies" in a grocers shop
where the entire skit was based on letters of the alphabet.

It included the sort of lines as to...

F U N E X (have you any eggs?)

S V F X (yes, we have eggs)

F U N E M (have you any ham?)

Etc ad infinitum

I remember it finished with an expletive; I'll leave you to work that
out.

Richard A. Black

Lead Design Engineer

Eaton Corporation

440 Murray Hill Road

Southern Pines

NC 28387 USA

rrich
2-Guest

I going back to Pentel .9 , .7 and .5 H , HB and 9H.

You old timers know what I mean. Analog all the way never fails you.

Regards,

Ron Rich

rrich
2-Guest

It’s been 26 years since the board and my middle finger still has the callus. Now when I my monitor shows me it’s Blue I just show it my finger. Ahh its Friday, sunny and 80 degrees.

Cheers.

Regards,

Ron Rich

pfadams
1-Newbie

I have been in engineering 45 + years and have worked with ink on linen, ink on vellum, pencil on just about everything and the first cad system I played with the computer was a mainframe in a temp controlled room. I loved the freedom given by working with pen or pencil but CAD is by far the best for ease of fixing , coping , duplicating, printing but drawing still makes me wonder who is writing the code that does the drawing. We still after about 30 years do not have standards as to what commands are called. We also do not have standards for ho commands work and definatley do not have a way to seamlessly transfer information between systems. Instead of trying to outdo each other with brilliance the cad software designer who standardizes the cad community will take home all the marbles in the hearts of users.
Cad software companies put together a symposium to make crossing cad lines seamless and understandable.
amedina
1-Newbie

well on that there is one kinda new standard called opencascade:

Ahh, but then everything would just meld into one. Where's the fun in that? <g>

Happy Friday.

Bob
gbon
1-Newbie

Well,

That's why I said that I'm using Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5 for many years and I want to learn more about Creo (so I mean Creo 1.0 parametric).

So any advice ?

Thanks,

----- Message d'origine -----
  De : Damian Castillo
  À : -
  Envoyé : vendredi 7 octobre 2011 16:08
  Objet : [proecad] - RE: learning Creo 1

PTC has cause some major confusion by rebranding Pro/ENGINEER after so many years in the industry.  People ask questions about Creo but they really mean Creo elements/pro 5.0 or Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.

It's confusing many on Youtube as well.  You find many videos about Creo but when the video plays, you realize it's not Creo. It's Creo elements/pro which is not the same thing.

At our company, we refusse to call Pro/ENGINEER Creo elements/pro.  We call it what it really is.  Pro/ENGINEER.  We are testing Creo 1.0 and it prevents confusion.

----------

Or the scene in Animal House with Kevin Bacon's character facing a charging mob with "Remain calm, all is well!"

Just stay with WF4... with any luck the world will end soon... 😉

oh, and bloody hell, Richard... you think any of us know who the bullocks the Two Ronnie's are??? 😉

Thanks...

Paul Korenkiewicz
FEV, Inc.
4554 Glenmeade
Auburn Hills, MI., 48326

Paul

I know who he is referring to...the Two Ronnies are probably one of the
most famous comic duos to come out of the UK ever.

For an example watch this
clip...

G Bon,

I am sorry this thread was derailed. My only intention was to clear up the confusion of the branding. If you look at your original post, you asked to learn about Creo Elements. Creo Elements is not Creo 1.0 Parametric and this is the only reason why I mentioned the confusion people are having with this.

I currently run Creo 1.0 Parametric everyday and have 3 other Engineers testing it out. We have not fully deployed it because we are in the middle of a Windchill 10 implementation.

There is no easy resource for learning Creo 1.0 at the moment, but if you are a Wildfire 5.0 user, you should have no problems with using Creo 1.0 without any training. You will discover some of the changes as you go and the search function allows you to find commands very easily.

I would suggest you download it, install it and just start using it.

I created a couple of videos on my Youtube channel that show the basic UI change. I plan on making more videos that cover some of the basics for people who are interested. Just need to find the time.

Here is a link to my channel, but there is not much there that can help you yet. stay tuned.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProxStud?feature=mhee#p/c/28D78B9F96AB8834

In Reply to georges bon:

Well,

That's why I said that I'm using Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5 for many years and I want to learn more about Creo (so I mean Creo 1.0 parametric).

So any advice ?

Thanks,

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Damian Castillo
À : -
Envoyé : vendredi 7 octobre 2011 16:08
Objet : [proecad] - RE: learning Creo 1

PTC has cause some major confusion by rebranding Pro/ENGINEER after so many years in the industry. People ask questions about Creo but they really mean Creo elements/pro 5.0 or Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.

It's confusing many on Youtube as well. You find many videos about Creo but when the video plays, you realize it's not Creo. It's Creo elements/pro which is not the same thing.

At our company, we refusse to call Pro/ENGINEER Creo elements/pro. We call it what it really is. Pro/ENGINEER. We are testing Creo 1.0 and it prevents confusion.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags