cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Anyone play with the pen tables?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Anyone play with the pen tables?

I'm looking to start playing with one to try and make our PDF's print better. Any advice? Ideas?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Try this from PTC knowledge base.

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_27/howto/plt522/plt522.htm

It really helped me out. One mis-information (I felt) was that the patterns are not limited to one or two patterns as the document suggests. I was able to create a custom break line that has one long and two short dash patterns with different spacing. The odd thing to get used to with the table file (at least for me) is that it is purely based on the "color" of the line when you are exporting/printing. I use a custom color map so the defaults did not work for me; however, once I figured out the correct color mapping the table file worked perfectly. I use the quick export PDF option with a pen table file and True Type font (not stroked) and my prints are much more readable.

It might take some time to get used to but it is easy and seamless once done. Hope that helps,

- J -

Top Tags