cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Assembly / part relation

MichaelMontagna
1-Newbie

Assembly / part relation

I am looking for the easiest wayto control the spacing between cavity impressions in a mold assembly. I want to be able to change one value and have the part level dimensions and pattern spacing update as well as the assembly level patterns. I tried setting an assembly relation dx=.700 and then setting the assembly pattern spacing to = dx. That let my assembly level patterns update but I didn't know how to get a part level dimension or pattern spacing to be equal to the assembly level dx value.

Creo elements/pro 5.0 build 120

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Montagna
Engineering Manager
Mier Tool Company
1678 Clark Street Road
Auburn, NY 13021
E-mail: mmontagna@miertool.com
Phone: 315-253-3412 ext 222
Check us out at:
http://miertool.com
Building quality molds in Central New York

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MichaelMontagna)

You have to either control the part from the assembly, or read the assembly value from the part. There are pros and cons to each method, but the syntax is the same.

To refer to a dimension or parameter in different component (part or assembly), you must use the <parameter or=" dimension=" name=">:<session id="> syntax. For example, if you have a parameter in the assembly named “SPACING”, and the assembly has a Session ID of “2”, you could set a value called “COPY” in the active part with the statement: “COPY = SPACING:2” .

To determine the Session ID for any object, go to the relations editor and from the “Show” menu choose “Session Id”. This will bring up a menu that will allow you to display the session ID for any part or assembly currently visible in the model tree.

Tom Uminn
Systems Administrator
trans-matic Mfg.
616-820-2499
-<">mailto:->

Top Tags