cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Config PITA!

DeanLong
10-Marble

Config PITA!

Morning All,

Okay, @dougshaefer I am standing by my statement "...config files are still a PITA!" Why does the config file that I wasted 20 minutes customizing and saving (that is saving AND exporting) does not save...period???? Do tell.

I have tried both the Import/Export AND Export Configurations...and it didn't, doesn't, won't, will not SAVE! I am glad I am not in a multi-story building because I just might have found myself on the roof, laptop in hand and tossed it.

Is it just Tuesday Gremlins?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:DeanLong)

Where is config located? Maybe you can`t save it where it curently resides.

PTC's config editor is terrible, plain and simple.  I never use it.  It strips white space from the file and if you aren't careful can end up merging two files together, not to mention the verbiage on the save options are confusing.

I always use a text editor to edit my files.  I may use the PTC config dialog to find the option or to see the description, but I always edit in a text editor.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:DeanLong)

I've had issues with mapkeys and overwriting of config.pro. I never figured out exactly what was happening but I learned that if I was messing with more than one mapkey I had to really pay attention to what I was doing and I typically copied the mapkey text out and saved in notepad or somewhere.

Never had it not save - often had it save somewhere unexpected, like the current directory, which might be automatically re-selected because that's what Creo does following a Back Up. 

Other than that, do you hear a squealing sound from near the hard drive? Like a place on the disk that is being peeled back? If there's a bit of hardware error, it's a matter of not successfully updating the table of contents with the new content and poof - no retrieving no matter how much saving is going on.

Wackier thought - You'll soon be contacted by a guy in Nigeria who will kindly unlock your hard drive for $40.

Best of luck.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dschenken)

The Russians working for John MacAfee will do it for $30!

What's happening is the new line items I am adding, in this case search paths, appears to "Save" but no. Even saving with an explicit new name and location does not work. It saves the file with the new line items but changes the actual "values" (I.E C:\ProEFun\NotGunnaDoIt) to C:\(null). I tried to save it a few different ways but got no love.

So, back to good old Notepad I went, typing each and every line, "save" and now it works like a real CAD system.

Yes, my friends...Config-PITA is still alive and well in Pro/E land.

Happy Wednesday

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags