cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0 and Layout 2.0 Interoperability

lsrutkowski
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 and Layout 2.0 Interoperability

So, I decied to be crazy and try out the interoperability the "video demo" for Creo Layout 2.0 shows. Unfortunately, I have been unable to get Creo 2.0 and Layout 2.0 to talk to each other. The canned vid shows that, with the license, you should have an option to go to File>New and select a radio button next to a new option called Layout.

I called PTC technical support and they bounced me from Installation support to Interoperablity support before I was told they would ask the "Features Team".

Has anyone else tried to get this to work? Has anyone been successful? Or is this another one of those features destined for the "to be released in a future updated"?

-Lawrence

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Yes, technically. What I have is a short-life trial license from PTC. It is a full license, but with a short life (somewhere between 30 and 90 days), that I requested to see if Layout is a viable replacement for some of the old AutoCAD and DraftSight installs that we have floating around.

I called PTC technical support and they bounced me from Installation support to Interoperablity support before I was told they would ask the "Features Team".

Has anyone else tried to get this to work? Has anyone been successful? Or is this another one of those features destined for the "to be released in a future updated"?

Top Tags