cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Drawing Snapping Dimension Text

sfriedrich
4-Participant

Drawing Snapping Dimension Text

Hello,

I'm making a drawing of a fixture I made in parametric.

About 10 dimensions in, the text started to snap to an invisible grid.

Prior to this, I could drag the text dimension around smoothly. Place it where ever I wanted.  Now it seems to be snapping to a grid.

Is this a setting I can change?

-Steph

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:sfriedrich)

Not sure how you turned it on, but look in File>Options>Sketcher>"Snap to Grid" and/or Sketch tab>Sketcher Preferences>"Snapping" to turn it on/off.  To see the grid, Sketch tab>Draft Grid>Show Grid.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sfriedrich
4-Participant

Saving and restarting the program reset the dimension snap feature.

But I would still like to know what setting this is. And how to change it in the future.

Prior to restarting the program, I could make new dimensions but they also snapped to a grid.

mender
6-Contributor

Not sure how you turned it on, but look in File>Options>Sketcher>"Snap to Grid" and/or Sketch tab>Sketcher Preferences>"Snapping" to turn it on/off.  To see the grid, Sketch tab>Draft Grid>Show Grid.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags