cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Pro/E Exploded views

ptc-3176014
1-Newbie

Pro/E Exploded views

I am making an assembly drawing, to show how something would be assemblied in the shop. One of the components sets on the table, 90 degrees from other part that assembles to. Is there a way to show this in an exploded view? Common practice around here amongst other users is to make 2 views on the drawing. The views are 90 degrees apart, then trimmed to partial views, showing only the area they want.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

if that component also goes into this same assembly i would just add it to the asembly model and explode it too... unless i misunderstood something from ur description...
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet
(To:cdiaz-2)

sorry, now i see what u mean, i would create a simplified rep like the view on ur pdf, and explode the rep, so then ur master rep would be the way its will be when assembled. thats just me and its the first thing that comes to mind, probably 20 different ways to achieve the results u want. Carlos
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags