cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Replace Model In Only One View

mjenkins
5-Regular Member

Replace Model In Only One View

Greetings,

Using Creo 3:

I have a drawing where there are multiple views of a part.

I have added a new model to the drawing.

I know about the Drawing Models>Replace which will switch the model to a family member for all the views.

Is there a way to switch the model for only one view which I have spent a lot of time detailing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:mjenkins)

For the best results, find a reason you don't need to do this work until Creo 4, where there is an enhancement along this line.

For Creo 3, the best you can do is as follows.  Note that this should not be done routinely, only to recover from an unexpected situation like this (because repeated split-and-remerge makes for overly-large drawing files and poor performance).

Save a copy of the drawing

Retrieve the copy, delete everything except the view you want to change, including other sheets.

Drawing Models > Replace to make them be of the desired model

Retrieve the original drawing and use Insert > Import Drawing/Data to add the one-view drawing as a new sheet to the old

Clean up the old view, move the new view into place.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mender
6-Contributor
(To:mjenkins)

For the best results, find a reason you don't need to do this work until Creo 4, where there is an enhancement along this line.

For Creo 3, the best you can do is as follows.  Note that this should not be done routinely, only to recover from an unexpected situation like this (because repeated split-and-remerge makes for overly-large drawing files and poor performance).

Save a copy of the drawing

Retrieve the copy, delete everything except the view you want to change, including other sheets.

Drawing Models > Replace to make them be of the desired model

Retrieve the original drawing and use Insert > Import Drawing/Data to add the one-view drawing as a new sheet to the old

Clean up the old view, move the new view into place.

Top Tags