Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up relational table

Re: Trying to set up relational table

‌Table pattern is one of my favourite creo features, very powerful. You can add multiple values to the table, as well as pattern multiple features grouped together. Don't write it off just yet, it could be a possible solution. All the things you mentioned, could in theory be added to a table pattern. Good luck.

John

Good to mention - users lose track that it's primarily a parametric modeler. Each dimension is parameter as are the tolerances. They all have names and values.

The OP could create a set of relations that drive each dimension from an independent parameter; if the names were edited the relations would be easy to validate.

I'm confused by the term Relation Tables, as I've not heard of them mentioned that way before. They aren't really tabulated, just a list.

David,

The OP could create a set of relations that drive each dimension from an independent parameter; if the names were edited the relations would be easy to validate.

This is what I am trying to do. I just don't understand how this is done. What I'm looking to do is increase the draft angle 1 degree. (If the draft is 6 it would become 7, if it was 20 it would become 21 and on down the line) I have given each of these features an independent name to be able to understand which section that it is from.

I named them so I could better understand where each of them placed within the mile long family table which I finally decided to use. By the way I was surprised to find that the family table I built actually accomplished what I was looking to do.

I still have to believe that the simplest way to get what I want would be to set up relations. I'm hoping that someone could describe what this formula would need to be.

Sorry I mis-labeled Relations as Relation Table. Since there was a box in which you fill in your needed formula I thought it was a table.

Paul, did you know that you can write relations within sketcher? You have 14 sections, that's 14 sketches that could have 4 relations written within the sketch. I not sure this helps your situation, but it would make things more manageable. I don't see a way of achieving your goal other than writing 56 relations, I would loved to be proved wrong.

John

John,

Thanks for bringing that up. That would be great if you can at least cut down the amount of items needed in the family table to 1 value for each section.

In going through all the sections (as per your suggestion) I was able to reduce the amount of family table features to 40 by using the Equal constraint with the draft angles that were identical.

I'll see about tying the parametrics within each sketch together. If this works it should reduce the Family Tree items to 14 (1 per each section).

I too am crossing my fingers that there is a way to tie it all together with just 1 entry.

Paul, I may have come up with something. Remember I said not to dismiss patterns. Have a look at the attached model, I think its doing what you want without any relations. I cannot figure out how to attach a file with this new UI, do you know?

John

ok, I figured out how to attach the file. Good Luck

John

In the upper right of the window there is a Use advanced editor.

That will allow you to attach. The paperclip will be in the bottom right.

John,

That is a very neat feature. I'm not sure how you exert control on each section but that is quite an interesting effect.

With your repeating pattern it increases 1 additional degree with each section. In my instance I need to increase all the varying drafts by just 1 degree.

I would like to learn how the pattern table works but I don't believe it will work in my case. There is too much variation and twisting to match through the series of sketches.

The pattern used was not a Table pattern, it was a plain old Dimension pattern. I am still not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve, but I attach one more model which may be of use. Now the varying Drafts only increase 1 degree.

John